Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My studio

My first studio was in the Nicholas Building on the 8th floor. I moved in there in the year 2000 after I finished my Gold and Silversmithing degree at RMIT. I had a fishing tackle box of hand tools and a table. The studio belonged to Janet Watts . As I was moving in David Neale was moving out. I think I was in that studio for about five years, other artists shared the studio over the years but the ones I remember the most were Jane Ruljancich ( now a lecturer at NMIT) and Vicki Mason
I've been going through my back catalogue of photos and have been dismayed to find that I have no images of that studio. It seems like so long ago. It was so important to my development as an artist to share a studio with other artists who were kind enough to share their knowledge and experience.
 I then moved downstairs to level 7 and shared a studio with mover and shaker Vikki Kassioras who I had studied with at RMIT. 
 I moved out of the Nicholas building in 2010 and now have a room of my own. 









No comments:

Post a Comment